Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Infobarrel Experiment April 2011


Although my hubs on HubPages earned more money in February than my articles on Infobarrel with around the same number of articles on each site, this was before the Google Panda/Farmer update. In March, it appears that Infobarrel has jumped well ahead of HubPages in earnings (See my income reports for more information). For this reason, I decided to focus on Infobarrel throughout April and see where it leads. I'm not going to go in depth on the pros and cons of writing for Infobarrel here. If you're interested in that, see my Infobarrel post on The Freelance Home Writer. Instead, I'm going to outline the terms I've created for this experiment. 

My Goal for Infobarrel in April

I intend to publish at least 100 articles on Infobarrel by April 31, 2011. Because I am also a busy homemaker and I have to write a few Demand Studios articles to make up for last month's semi-vacation, I figure I'll have about 100 total hours I can devote to writing for residuals throughout the month. As long as I don't exceed 1 hour per article, which I don't think will be a problem, I'm pretty sure I can reach my goal. 
To make my life easier and to prevent wasted time, I'm going to spend all day tomorrow researching keywords until I have a list of 100 topics on which to write. I'm going to list these keywords in a spreadsheet along with the corresponding article titles and a reference or two. This way, I can just open up the spreadsheet and start writing without worrying about choosing topics or researching. 

I will record my progress on my current experiments page, so check there for updates throughout the month if you're interested. Also, feel free to join me and publish 100 articles of your own on Infobarrel or your favorite residual site. I've chosen Infobarrel because I think it has the greatest potential out of all the other revenue sharing sites right now. According to the Infobarrel blog, their site traffic only decreased by about 20 percent after the recent Google update, which is a lot less than some of the larger sites. In addition, I love the fact that Infobarrel shares 75 percent of the revenue with writers. If you haven't joined Infobarrel, I highly recommend it, even if you can't write 100 articles in 30 days.

4 comments:

  1. I have an InfoBarrel experiment going on too. I started it way back in September. My goal was/is to make $2,000 a month from InfoBarrel. I have been too busy to work on it lately but you can check out my progress at my blog: My InfoBarrel Experiment(click on my Google profile to get to it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ally! How interesting! I'm going to go check out your experiment ASAP. I'm curious to know how others are faring with the site, too. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the experiment Willow, from my experience you can do good there if you take the time to write on the same topic for at least 10-20 articles at a time and interlink them all together contextually. I look forward to hearing how it goes for you. Good luck! -Chez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try writing articles in batches and linking them together.

    ReplyDelete