Monday, April 4, 2011

March 2011 Residual Income Analysis


I updated my income report over the weekend to include my March 2011 residual income earnings. As you can see, some sites have earned far less and some slightly more than the previous month. I only published a few new articles on a few sites toward the end of the month, so my overall earnings didn't increase much. I did add a new income source to the list - the HubPages Ad Program - which I think will be a nice supplement to my Adsense earnings there. I highly recommend joining when you're invited. It's a painless process and I began earning much more than I expected right away - about $5 in one week. That's not bad considering I have less than 40 hubs, from which I'm currently only making around $20 per month from Adsense.

Dropping Revenue 

My overall Adsense earnings from HubPages decreased by about $14, even though I published a few new hubs. With the new ad program, however, I hope I can at least make as much as I once did from Adsense alone. My Bukisa earnings really plummeted, which I attribute to the Google algorithm update, but who knows? I used to make most of my money on the site from my referrals, but since that's no longer the case, my earnings have really tanked. Also, I wrote articles there to get page views, not ad clicks, so I really didn't expect much after the site changed its revenue share model. Associated content and Suite 101 earnings also dropped, but that's no surprise; my page views are half of what they used to be on both sites.

Rising Revenue

Perhaps the most surprising change in revenue came from Infobarrel. My earnings doubled, although I only published a single new article (and I only gained one new deliberate back link from one of my Hubs). In addition, one of my niche blogs really took off and earned about $20 more than the previous month, even though I haven't worked on it in over a year. Ehow earnings were up, as is typical. When the WCP ended, I was making about $350 a month in residuals. With absolutely no effort on my part, my revenue has increased every month until now, when it almost reached $500 for my 209 articles. 

Conclusion

I've seen a decrease in revenue almost everywhere except Infobarrel, eHow and my niche blogs. For this reason, I feel even better about my current Infobarrel experiment. I think I'm focusing my energy in the right direction for now. I'll have to see how the other sites measure up in the months to come. Be sure to check my monthly income reports for more information.

Also, feel free to share your residual earnings and trends. Which sites have earned you the most since the Google update and which have earned you the least? Inquiring minds want to know!

4 comments:

  1. eHow has really shot up for me as well. I had my highest month ever in March! However, it all seems to have evened out since my Suite 101 earnings have fallen about 50%. I am seeing the need to work more on my own niche sites in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Willow! Isn't is wonderful how well articles on eHow.com are performing? I definitely wish I'd written 1,000 there while I had the chance.

    I just blogged about writing for revenue-sharing sites, and shared my stats for March, but InfoBarrel was at the opposite end for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! I know what you mean about Suite. I had such high hopes for the site in the beginning, but things have really changed for the worse there. I hope they can improve enough to make it worth contributing there again. Congrats on your high eHow month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria! It is indeed wonderful how well the eHow articles are performing. I'll always be grateful to Demand for the opportunities they've given me. I also wish I would've written more for the site when I had the chance. If only we would have known...

    Oh, I'm over to check out your residuals, too. I know you're probably way ahead of me, but I hope to catch up to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete